Foodbuzz

Saturday, November 21, 2009

she's awake.

My alarm went off at 8:45 this morning, and as usual, I had a battle with myself about whether I was really going to the gym...Usually the answer is "heck no, it's Saturday morning," but I surprised myself and got up (fifteen minutes later). Threw on my clothes, put my eyes* in, and peeled a clementine for a quick morning boost. I jogged the 5-6 minutes to the gym, drank some water and set up my equipment for Bootcamp. This monkey butt got kicked, that's for sure.

The setup for Saturday is much different than the Monday class, but they both work me hard, so I'm not complaining.

I came home made some coffee and oatmeal. Then I chugged a glass of carrot juice with an H20 chaser.

Today's oatmeal:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup H20
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soy
- organic banana (melted)
- dollop of cashew butter
- dollop of cinnamon raisin PB
-topped with apple butter


I'm going to finish my second cup of coffee, chug some more water and hop in the shower. I'm taking the metro to Bethesda and want to give myself time to walk to the culinary school. I'll be back later :)


Side Love Note:
I asked z to text me when his train arrived in Canada, but promised I'd keep my phone on silent so I wouldn't wake up. Funny thing...I woke up at 3am for some reason, checked my phone and he'd sent a text just 10 minutes before. I was able to go back to sleep instantly :) Love is so funny...





*I'm considering LASIK. A couple people I know have gotten it and are really happy with the results. I hate having blood shot eyes, or having to switch from glasses to contacts for the gym, or not being able to see the clock when I wake up. My mom thinks it might be a good idea too...I'll keep you (all two of you) posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
aardvarks are also known as "earth pigs."

Followers