Foodbuzz

Sunday, November 8, 2009

where's my crepe?

I met my high school girlfriends for brunch today at Napoleon Bistro. It was such a beautiful day in DC today. I took the bus and a short walk to get there. I ordered a spicy bloody mary while we looked at the menu. The top of the brunch menu said "Local and Sustainable" which was great :)


LBoogie and I decided to order two things and split them. She ordered the "Montmartre" crepe that had wild mushrooms, scallions, herbed goat and gruyere cheese. I ordered the "Mallorca" sandwich that had grilled eggplant, zucchini, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, marinated goat cheese and olive tapenade on a yummy, chewy bread. It came with a tomato, cucumber salad that was really fresh. Splitting it was a really good idea.

I had a headache, so I treated it with multiple cups of coffee and water (in cool red glasses). After we all finished, someone decided to get a dessert crepe that we could all have a few bites of...I was happy to help. We ordered the "Last Tango" which had Nutella, strawberries, whipped cream, and berry melba sauce. It was SOOOO delicious! MMMM!

Because it was so beautiful out, a few of us decided to walk the 2+ miles back to my place so they could see my apartment. We looked at a few pictures and then I said I'd drive them back to their cars. I knew I needed apples, so I stopped by Whole Foods which was on the way home.

I got some Honeycrisp Apples, 365 salsa, light coconut milk, an acorn squash, spinach, and mint chocolate Newman-O's.


Look how gigantic this Honeycrisp is!!!


I ate a quick salad with greens, marinated tofu, cottage cheese and honey mustard for dinner and needed a small dessert. So I broke out my new monkey mug for some chai and three O's. Perfect way to end a great day in the city!

Just caught up on the Office and put up my new shower curtain. It's time to unload the dishwasher, vacuum, and get ready for the week.

I missed my boyfriend alot this weekend. Maybe he'll let me watch the Steelers at his place tomorrow night...I hope he's not too tired! <3


peace and love from an apartment near chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
aardvarks are also known as "earth pigs."

Followers