Foodbuzz

Saturday, October 24, 2009

souper dooper recap.

Quick recap.
this is the rooibos tea (from auntie m) in my cute little french press!
It has such a beautiful color.
Carrot, apple, lemon juice. The lemon made it tart and delicious!

This is potato-cauliflower soup I made with my mom last week. We sauteed onions, celery, potatoes and cauliflower with very low sodium chicken stock. I used the immersion blender to make it smooth and creamy! Didn't taste it though...(not vegetarian). These are the two low-sodium soups. The other is a brown rice and lentil vegetable soup using water instead of stock.

Saturday was a crazy day! Got up at 745, hopped on the metro to SW and got a DC driver's license, ahhhh!! Then I got in my car and drove to NE to pick up a package, then headed to the gym, took a quick shower and got back on the metro.

I took a vegetarian fall soup class at L'Academie de Cuisine in Bethesda. It was so much fun.


Louisiana Gumbo with Tofu and Okra



Sweet Potato Bourbon Soup with Pecans

Vegetarian New Mexico Chili





In order to get a glass of wine, all students were required to turn in their knives. I gladly handed mine in!

The lovely soups made by some lovely people!

Oh wow! Goober alert!! (That's the instructor in the back!)
I had a really nice partner (who had two really nice daughters). It was a pleasure working with this class, and I can't wait until I get to make three more soups next month!

1 comment:

  1. It was great cooking with you! The taste memory of the Mexican chili soup lasted a couple of days, but only because it was the last one we made. We will definitely be picking up some file powder and some of the Chimayo powder. I hope your next class is just as good. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
aardvarks are also known as "earth pigs."

Followers