Foodbuzz

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

mis padres y un mango

My parents biked two and a half hours down to DC to have dinner at my apartment! My dad was surprised to find out that didn't mean walking down to Chipotle. I had a really good time making this meal for them keeping in mind my mom's new low-sodium restrictions!

Baked chicken (with a homemade salt-free spice rub) over a bed of tri-colored couscous and topped with an awesome mango salsa!!

This is my plate! I marinated the tofu overnight with olive oil, lime juice and the same spices as the chicken and baked it in the oven!


Dad said the plate looked beautiful and he ate every last bite!!


Mom is still in her bike gear (and looks great even after that long ride)! She loved it as well!

I sure wasn't complaining about my dinner either...I scraped the plate clean :)
After dinner I made a blackberry crisp with a side of vanilla bean ice cream! Then...we walked down for Starbucks for a "treat."

Thanks for visiting mom and dad!! LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
aardvarks are also known as "earth pigs."

Followers