Foodbuzz

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

baby, you can drive my car.

This post is from Tuesday, but I was having some technical difficulties:

Yesterday, I had a 7am dentist appointment and they gave me a flouride treatment. That meant I couldn't have any hot liquid for six hours! Ugh...no hot coffee for me! The morning dragged on and I ate two bananas for breakfast. After lunch, I knew that caffeine was necessary so I used my free Starbucks Via packet and made iced coffee with a little chemical powder Splenda. Not half bad actually.

While driving home from work last night my temperature gauge started beeping and flashing red. Not a good sign....so I had to pull into a gas station to diagnose the problem (aka, talk to my dad). I bought a 20 dollar bottle of coolant to put in my car, but as soon as I started to take the cap off, all this red stuff started leaking out of the bottom! My poor Sadie girl was bleeding! I knew it wasn't good...but I filled up the coolant tank anyway. The light didn't go off when I turned the car back on, so I tried to drive home. I had to pull over two miles later. There was a flashing light, some smoke...and something was burning. My dad called a tow truck and picked me up. We went to Chipotle for dinner and to Whole Foods for some bananas and coffee. Hopefully my car will be fixed someday...ugh! z said I could borrow his car, but then my parents let me borrow theirs. I have felt so off this week!


Today:
B: Dad made me some stovetop oatmeal. I had mine with half a melted banana, Peanut Butter and Apple Butter! After this, mom took me out for a grande soy misto :)

L: Wilted spinach with a little soy sauce, one fresh tomato and a Dr. Praeger's California veggie burger


S: Hodge podge granola (mini airplane pretzels, almonds, blueberry granola and banana chips)

D: Roasted carrots, green beans, coleslaw, toasted roll and wilted spinach.
Dessert: Popcorn with melted chocolate chips!



Playing Catch-Up (as usual):

--Made some Banana-Aalmond bread, inspired by Cait . I used vanilla Oikos instead of plain, almonds instead of walnuts and I sprinkled a good amount of cinnamon on top before baking. I saved a piece for myself, hpants and z. It turned out really well!


z came over for dinner last Thursday and I really wanted to make him dinner. Everything turned out really good!

We had:
- Roasted acorn squash (EVOO, S&P),
- Roasted, fresh green beans (EVOO, S&P)
- Spinach salad with dried cranberries, a honeycrisp apple and Drew's Honey Dijon dressing
- Fresh baked whole wheat bread from WF
- One piece of natural pork from WF for z (cooked in a skillet with EVOO and S&P)
- Winter Hook Winter Ale

My plate.
z's plate.

--Went to Eighteenth Street Lounge on Friday...and had an interesting time with my girlfriends ;)

--I made myself a soy misto at home in the morning and had to take a picture because I love my AeroLatte frother :)

glamorous. ooh frothy, frothy.

--Saturday was my little brother's 21st birthday! Yikes. We went to Mongolian Grill in Bethesda. I love family and extended family dinners! I had a salad (times two) with spinach, lots of random veggies, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges, pineapple, uncooked tofu and a delightful sesame ginger sauce. I also ate 1 1/2 funfetti cupcakes that my mom brought! We really had a lot of fun!


After dinner, I headed to z's. He let me watch TWO episodes of Cats 101 on Animal Planet! He must really love me haha! We went to bed around 11:30 because we were both falling asleep on the couch.

We got out of bed around 9:15 thinking it was much later. We walked up to the farmer's market and picked up a cranberry, orange, applesauce loaf for breakfast. z brought me coffee on the couch where I was enjoying "my" blanket and the new Food and Wine magazine. While I was lounging, he cut a few slices of the bread and put it in the oven to get toasty! He also cut a grapefruit and sectioned my half for me :) After breakfast and the Washington Post, z suggested that we go to Roosevelt Island. We parked in Rosslyn and walked over the bridge. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. The weather was just gorgeous! We walked around the entire island and saw A LOT of puppies :) Then we sat down to look at the Teddy statue while munching on a golden delicious and some lemon-lime Gatorade (best flavor ever). I saw someone holding an iced coffee while we were walking back to the car...and I had to have one. Good thing my nice boyfriend had his wallet. He bought me a small Cosi iced coffee with soy :) When we got home we watched some football and I took a delicious nap while he packed (sniff, sniff). He's going to be gone for two weeks and I'm going to miss him a lot.

"Conservation means development as much as it does protection" - Teddy

Hi, Mr. Dragonfly!

Just keep swimming!
Absolutely gorgeous!

Sunday was one of the best days I've had...maybe ever <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
aardvarks are also known as "earth pigs."

Followers